Mountain Cycle experts

:LOL:
I doubt MC would pursue it, as the company has changed hands so many times that nobody has an records of anything from back then!

Hi
I looked at it aswell. As i see it, there are just pictures of very LATE, beat up MOHO frame 98-00 with latter style dropouts with D I S C T A B and reinforcement under the head.
These details are nowhere to be found on early frames.

Except very emotionaly written text :) there is no actual proof of anyhting..

I have a nos 95 frame with original dated invoice and i believe that is how MOHO looked since the introduction year earlier.

Ah OK, you could be right there! I'd never appreciated the dropouts were completely different on the disc ones. There are little differences between that and pics of other disc equipped ones on the net - the cable routing is a bit different - on the top instead of underneath the main frame - but I suppose that may have changed because of the bump stop option being fitted. The later ones with the bolt on cable routing don't look anywhere near as neat at the early ones! Although obviously it's necessary for hydro cables at that time.

May give it a go at that price, but can't see it being worth any more. Hopefully people see it as an abused frame instead of an historical one! With a bit of attention, it could be OK - new mech hanger for starters! Just not sure what the patch on the left of the frame is :? A respray would help it along loads :)

P.S. Your MOHO thread isn't showing any complete pictures - are you any further with it yet? Looks like it's an amazing build :)

Haha thanks a lot! Im stuck with a few components that arent showing up for me! damn :)
I need NOS silver headset (no logo king, AC, first gen. Slamma)
then i have nos PAUL front der. but its silver/red.. and i need complete silver..
then i need some silver nos stem (ringle, kooka, critical, syncros perhaps..)
Its taking ages
The worst is that i dont have that headset.. cause i cant put on fork.. so i cant put on wheels :roll:
life is difficult isnt it :D

Concerning that "prototype" :D
I would stay away. If you look at second picture down the page, To me there is almost definitely a repair on the cnc part.
Left side where it goes to the monostay tube. and in that place.. it will crack again.
That chain device also says something about the type of riding it was used for...

Hi guys just thought I'd drop in on this conversation as I own a so called 'prototype' Moho frames. I bought it in 2004 from the old owner of windwave. As soon as I figure out how to upload a picture from my iPad I'll add some pics.

It does have the bump stop and it does not have disc mounts on the rear, I do however have the disc mount adapter fitted that I was lucky to find on eBay. Not sure how old it is, is there a way of telling?

Greg

Hi Greg
Welcome to the forum

Your frame is one of the latter versions. But still a bit older than the one from ebay. I would guess so because yours still has original dropouts requiring special disc adapter.

Yeh, it was a right bugger to find the adapter! Was running Magura rim hydraulics for years until I found it! I've got two more MC's one is a San Andreas (early pivot bushing type) and another Moho STS which is red slightly newer than the one in the pic as it has fixed cable routing instead of the p-clips and no bump stop. I was going to build it up as a roady but the derailleur hanger is broken. Does anyone here know where I can get a replacement?

Back