Mountain bikes on slicks thread ??

Re:

Yes theyre 26" and I love them, had them two or three years, I swap to splashbacks in winter to give a bit of better grip in the ice and such, and to give the grand prix's a bit of longevity but theyre getting a bit tired now so I'll be replacing them soon, same again I think!

Re: Re:

Spudly":2h9uzqpp said:
Yes theyre 26" and I love them, had them two or three years, I swap to splashbacks in winter to give a bit of better grip in the ice and such, and to give the grand prix's a bit of longevity but theyre getting a bit tired now so I'll be replacing them soon, same again I think!

Thanks, are they ok in the wet, I usually take things steady in the rain anyway.

I fancy a change from Cityjets to proper slicks.

Re:

Nice, not a million miles away from my build :cool:

I am building a bike that suits my riding rather than the other way round :)

Re: Re:

widowmaker":3ori2cfn said:
Thanks, are they ok in the wet, I usually take things steady in the rain anyway.

I fancy a change from Cityjets to proper slicks.

Yes theyre not bad in the wet in fairness, but I'm the same as you, I don't try to get my knee down in the wet, so ive not pushed the limits on them, but I've not (touches wooden door) come off with them as yet :)

16120798797_3c01e6b9a5_o.jpg

Re:

This old Killer V is amazingly lite and stiff. Makes a great road conversion.

Attachments

• killer v 014.JPG
    killer v 014.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 1,404
Re:

My commuter bike, a '97 Kona Kilauea. I use Schwalbe Spicers if I can get them at a good price (the reflex strip is cool at night) but these Michelin Wild Run'rs are pretty damn fast.

Attachments

• Black Kilauea 3a.jpg
    Black Kilauea 3a.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 1,357
Back