Moulton TSR A8 - Does anyone have any experience of them?

I have watched a lot of pictures of them, does that count?

The factory have a test track where you can make an appointment to ride one in Stratford upon Avon

I fancy one for myself but Iv'e heard they come with a seatpost shim as standard. I'm trying to work out whether I can fit a seatpost without a shim if I go forward and invest in one. I'm trying to find out what size the standard seatpost and seat tube are in readiness. External seatpost size and internal seat tube size.

Thanks buddy, I'd already seen that but then I learnt of the shim. Seem they use a 31.8 seat post then shim the seat tube down. Odd that they do this out of the factory.
Indeed odd. I have been in contact with the German dealer. Will ask them about it.

Thanks buddy, I'd already seen that but then I learnt of the shim. Seem they use a 31.8 seat post then shim the seat tube down. Odd that they do this out of the factory.
My Pashley built 2005 R18 takes a 31.8 directly into the seat tube with no shim. The TSR 8 is also Pashley built, the only difference is that the earlier models had a braze on clamp bolt instead of a separate collar type clamp. If you want to use a smaller than the standard 31.8mm seat post then a shim would be required.

Last edited:
According to the German dealer, they do indeed use a shim. No further explanation offered.

Back