MOTOR CHAT

Re: Re:

jimihendrix":3m6d63dx said:
was pretty well spec'd (for 1980) when new, electric drivers door mirror, electric windows, A/C, P/S, four speaker stereo and a Dictaphone :LOL: (long gone sadly)

A dictaphone, brilliant! I'm always interested in the "optional equipment" sections of old parts manuals, there are often some fairly odd things in there! 80's Elite man was clearly a high flying executive... wouldn't have thought all those heavy motors and a/c bits were much in keeping with the Lotus philosophy but I suppose they had to offer what people wanted to pay for.

It is time for the 4x4 staying out front of the gaff now, currently driving my dad's old Landcruiser so looking forward to messing about in the snow when it hits. Feels like it is going to be a harsh winter too.

Re:

Mark, have you saw the Overhaulin Chronicles with the Lotus Europa? Purists will be spinning I'm sure but it turns out rather bloody nice.

Re: Re:

kaiser":2jmd1ou5 said:
Mark, have you saw the Overhaulin Chronicles with the Lotus Europa? Purists will be spinning I'm sure but it turns out rather bloody nice.

Remember seeing it a while ago, remember having to switch it off before the end as it was repulsive :facepalm: , love the original Europa, hate the modernised version they did.

Funny thing is i like the Banks Europa but at least an original was'nt destroyed to create one of those (it's a kit car/replica)

Also disliked the "Pro-Touring" trend with muscle cars, modern engine, big brakes, huge wheels, modern interior, de-chromed, dull modern paint colour why not just buy a modern car :facepalm:

Tried watching that Chop Shop crap too, watched the one with the Capri, they fitted a Rover V8 (200bhp straight out of a scrappy :roll: ), first test run, kick the living daylights out of it up and down a runway till it blows up :facepalm: , clowns.

Love Fast n Loud though, and Wheeler Dealers (Owwwld Aaawt Yer Aaaand :) )is'nt bad

Re:

well first post in this thread..

so been thinking about changing the Audi for a wee wile and had whittled the options down to a scirocco or 1 series but both with pros & cons.

went for a test drive at the weekend and next day bought......a new Toyota GT86. Nothing too special 2l boxxer engine, rear wheel drive. Got a great deal on the Audi and finance so couldna resist.

so gonna be a bit different from the Audi, the research has been done to make sure the bikes fit in the smaller boot!

mid life crisis ahoy!

yah beauty! that looks fun, enjoy the mid-life

(I'm suspecting you'll no longer be able to carry a spare bike for any GT jockey wheel failures :LOL: :LOL: ;) )

Must be an age thing Keith, my brother has one and he's about your age! A bit of a bugger getting in and out of but great sounding engine and handles nicely. A few companies out there doing turbo conversions for them as well.

Braw! Really like the design ethos for these (lightweight, just enough power, just enough tyre, emphasis on driving, not bhp). Not a real midlife crisis though, you need an MX-5 for that ;)

Re:

cheers guys.

Lol ZZ, when we were looking at the type R our first choice was the MX5 but my heid created a wee bump in the soft top :mrgreen:

Back