MOTOR CHAT

Re:

Mr P it's I think mid late 80's and looks like this

750strada_94_580x396.jpg

And it's free.

Re:

Well if its free.......... :xmas-big-grin:

Not sure about café though - that frame may be too tall at the front. Get her home and get her clothes off and we'll have a proper gander :shock:

If you don't like it I'll have it off ya :mrgreen:

Something about guzzis and the noise they make!
There a shop just down road from me that have a black rd200 in their window, lovely bike. What I would give to own one of the old 2t' s. I'd swap the kids and the other half if anyone's interested? Chuck in a vectra so you got Transport, and a bag of half eaten skittles. Not having my dogs though!

Re:

The forks do look long. I've seen one or two with fork swaps. And another with the internals changed.

This is where I'll struggle, thinking with a push bike head but on a motorcycle. Trying to work out if the frame is a common thing or just this model.

It'll be a wee while till I get it, need to gut the garage and wifey has said I need to move a load of bike stuff before I even think of getting it.

Re:

Like fat boy said, dump the tanks, seat, side panels and screen then stick on clip-on bars and stand back and have a good head scratch :?

Re: Re:

RobMac":2mxolw2p said:
There wont be any real weight on the forks in that pic it may lower once both wheels are on the deck.

Very good point!

Re: Re:

RobMac":299loy1x said:
Like fat boy said, dump the tanks, seat, side panels and screen then stick on clip-on bars and stand back and have a good head scratch :?

I'll deal wi you later, Special Lover.

Kaiser - frames are far from generic and that one looks set up as a tourer jobby so much more relaxed geometry all round. Still adaptable though.
Just remember if you fek up the handling on a motorbike, you could be travelling at "over 70mph" when you realise it. That's probably the biggest issue when considering differences between motor/pedal bikes.

Re:

Very true, I think that's why I have a wee bit of apprehension with the Guzzi. Could chuck money into something that might never work properly. Saying that it would keep me away from the Suzuki Van Vans that I'm curiously drawn too as well as a load of other strange bikes.

Back