MOTOR CHAT

Re:

CZ's dominated the world's motocross tracks unitl the mid-seventies, when Suzuki kicked them off the podiums with their all new RM's (I think it was called an RM ... but they were yellow and black). And then Honda put out their Elsinore, and took over with that.
Yip! RM's in black and yellow motorcrossers and the enduro one were PE's black and yellow combo again.

Re:

Oh dear Cz175 ,bring back bad memories fell off one twice in
Scarborough :facepalm: timeing never stayed right,
Plus I fitted drop bars,what was I thinking :D
When't on to a jawa 350,then Elsie 250

Re: Re:

k-rod":9yekwvu5 said:
CZ's dominated the world's motocross tracks unitl the mid-seventies, when Suzuki kicked them off the podiums with their all new RM's (I think it was called an RM ... but they were yellow and black). And then Honda put out their Elsinore, and took over with that.
Yip! RM's in black and yellow motorcrossers and the enduro one were PE's black and yellow combo again.

Was that not CCM not CZ?

My recolection of CZs is dodgy 2 strokes (cue Mikee) which were cheap for a reason. We used to ride em down the sewage works road at school lunchtimes :D

CZ/Jawa were certainly serious contenders in Motorcycle Speedway both on dirt and ice. Nearly bought a Jawa once and you can still buy them new complete with their unique combined kickstarter/gearshifter and ring ding ding 2 stroke engine. I was an MZ man myself with an MZ ETZ251e, the 'e' stood for economy though I could not understand how points ignition over the later CDI unit made any difference to economy since both did 60mpg, it went ring ding ding aswell :D

Jawa have won multiple speedway world titles from the early 60's to the last few years

These are very different to the road bikes which were industrial to say the least....

I have 3 Jawa Speedway bikes, all methanol 500cc's (890 2 Valve SOHC, 894 4 Valve DOHC and an 897 4 Valve SOHC in various states of disrepair along with a 1977 Weslake Speedway (yes the same Weslake who were in F1 and Rallying)

I should get them sorted at some point.....

Re:

7 :D (including 2 British)

Plus one OTR :D :D

But CCM were the motocross bozos, not Jawa/Cz - they were Glasgow Tigers v Paisley Pirates

Back in Oz I raced Jawa and Godden 500's on methanol in the classic classes. Mainly a Dirt Tracker but a few races ran both classes together in the historic stuff.
The machines weren't mine, I just rode occasionally for one of the old guys who was a factory Godden mechanic back in the day. Many happy memories, and a few not so happy. They usually involved the view of sky, dirt, sky, dirt, sky, dirt :)

Jamie

Latest posts

Back