Most annoying parts to fit !?!

Either fitting a power spring to a rear mech or pressing an american style BB into a BMX (threaded BB's make it sooooo much easier).

yes the feeling of pleasure when the spring is in.
Oh another dirty pleasure is servicing sus forks

stevet1":vbrj8fzg said:
Either fitting a power spring to a rear mech....

Oh yes! I fitted a power spring 13 years ago and I can still remember what a monumental pain of a job it was!

internal cable guied yes. But who has the distorted finger prints to show for trying to fit a Porc to an MA40MB. An elite club with few members, byt all recongisable by a glassy fingered secret handshake. . .. ;)

Damn! Hell damnation! You are right!

The worst thing ever involving bikes EVER was the issue with the scummy white porc that wouldnt go onto a Trek Matrix Rim. My gawd it was the most toughest cheallenge ever and I ended up having to take it to local bike shop for them to wrestle with. Never again.

Horrible. :oops: :twisted: :twisted:

The original kevlar beaded Specialized Ground Control tyres onto the Bontrager re-rolled MA40's were a swine - I used to carry half a dozen plastic tyre levers with me as I knew at least one would snap and two would be catapulted into the under growth before I had even broken the bead to get the old tube out.

Setting up IRD micro claw brakes....

there was a trick to getting the white porc on and its easy when you think about it pre stetch it then use tier levers duh not rocket science but a challenge he he lol :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

My Nemesis are DMR Transision 2.2 street tires

Have you ever tried fitting a set of DMR 2.2 transision tires , evil things, i wanted some slicks that still had looks and feel of a mountain bike tire yet low rolling resistance.

After finally getting them on and ending up out of breath , with bleeding fingers and 3 snapped tire levers and one broken multi tool.

They a good comprimise between air volume and rolling resistance but i just dont ever want to get a puncture or change them for knoblies , i think i woud rather buy a new set of wheels instead.

Attachments

• 106911.jpg
    106911.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 1,816
Back