Monoc TC2 Compact f+f, now sold

fiveSixteenths

Senior Retro Guru
7005 ali ('Quattro Alu') inc. rear triangle (not the carbon version, sorry). c.50cm CTC, 130 OLN, all black, with matching carbon fork, Cane Creek Aheadset, Prolite stem and some odd-bendy anatomic (if that's a thing?) size 44 cm bars (bit gummy from tape but otherwise looks clean.)
Bolt-on front mech fitting, all external cable routing (inc. top gear cable ferrules.
BB shell stamped "MONOC 2(next no. obscured by the cable guide)941"
Frame has scuffs and scratches but no dents I can see and it looks true. I've not ridden it, bought this without wheels or chain set. Just saying.
Bottom bracket removed by last owner, threads look ok but haven't tested them with anything.
Whole thing needs a good clean, so will post some pictures when I've done that - unless you're desperate :)
Might make a cheap TT bike, it's very light (will try and find something to weigh it with also.)
Yours for £70. Or make me an offer. Or tell me to take it to the tip and get over it.
Could deliver between Reading-ish and Oxford-ish for free or will find out the cost of DHL-ing.

Re: Monoc TC2 Compact f+f, anyone? Now with pics!

Ok, some phone snaps (in reverse order. I have no idea why) to help or hinder. Apologies, haven't had a moment to clean the frame up, so have tried to show scuffs and scratches as best. If anyone's interested, will a. happily give it a wash and add some more detailed shots and b. take £50 to get it off my hands. Fair enough?

Attachments

• IMG_0888.jpeg
    IMG_0888.jpeg
    31.3 KB · Views: 950
  • IMG_0889.jpeg
    IMG_0889.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 950
  • IMG_0890.jpeg
    IMG_0890.jpeg
    39.8 KB · Views: 950
  • IMG_0891.jpeg
    IMG_0891.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 950
  • IMG_0892.jpeg
    IMG_0892.jpeg
    31.5 KB · Views: 950
  • IMG_0893.jpeg
    IMG_0893.jpeg
    37 KB · Views: 950
  • IMG_0894.jpeg
    IMG_0894.jpeg
    33.5 KB · Views: 950
  • IMG_0895.jpeg
    IMG_0895.jpeg
    31.4 KB · Views: 950
Re: No love for the Monoc then?

Time for a weigh-in and price drop, then...
Frame comes in at a smidge under 1530g, fork at 612g.
£40...

Attachments

• IMG_0953.jpeg
    IMG_0953.jpeg
    40 KB · Views: 844
  • IMG_0954.jpeg
    IMG_0954.jpeg
    38.3 KB · Views: 844
Re:

Could be interested depending on size, which can be misleading sometimes with compact frames in my experience.
Can you do your best to measure the virtual/horizontal top tube length?

Cheers :)

Re: Compact dims

Ok, here we go - Key to the picture:
A. Steering tube - 150mm
B. Drop from top of seat post stem to top of top tube - 45mm (NB: Measured with the seat post clamp removed, so dims are from the frame material)
C. Down tube - 500mm to the centre of the BB
D. Top of the rear mech bracket to the centre of the BB - 165mm (If that's a useful measurement!)
E. Width of the BB tube - 70mm (lateral width, if that makes sense?).
Hope that helps...

Attachments

• monocDims.jpg
    monocDims.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 794
Re:

Thanks for those :)

What I'd also like to know is the 'effective' top tube length - what the imagined horizontal tube top length is - to gauge whether it could be too long or short for my upper body.

Like this:

Attachments

• toptube.jpg
    toptube.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 766
Re:

Ok, sorry it's going to be too big for me.

Can't believe you haven't had more interest for this, perfect for a winter/second bike, at a great price.

Good luck with the sale

Re:

Ah well. At least I've learned what a virtual top tube is!
Appreciate the props as well.
So, any takers? Otherwise it's off to the loft...

Latest posts

Back