Mojo frame swap.

Uncle Monty

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I have a nice small Ibis Mojo frame in Orange. Ex Texas and treated with Supertrol when I purchased it. A few marks here and there, but overall in good condition. It is 15 1/2" centre to centre on the seat tube. I would like to swap it for a medium 17" C to C in the same sort of condition. Not fussed about the colour although I prefer original paint. Needs to be a hand job frame of similar age.
DSC02125.jpg

Picture above is of the frame in a former guise. I can send detailed pics of the frame if anyone requires them.

Cheers- Chris.

Just a thought---I recently won a 1998(?) steel Mojo on EBay, but it had a broken weld. It's 18.5" center to top, 22" top tube, frame only, no fork. It does not have the handjob cable stop, so it would be V-brake only. I'm getting it repaired by a good frame builder, and the weld should be good as new. But like most people on this board, I already have too many bikes and I struggle to justify building it up. I would sell it if you're interested. I'm in the US, so don't know about shipping, but I could figure it out. The frame is a little rough in other ways--lots of chainsuck and a couple of dents that shouldn't compromise function. Paint has a few dings as well. The guys who are repairing the weld have looked the frame over and they say the rest of the welds look fine. Would be a great candidate for a re-spray after the weld repair. FYI, Scott Nicol is selling old Ibis decals on his website at a very reasonable price if you ever decide to repaint this frame, or any other Ibis.

If you bought my frame, you could then sell yours to Dave Mars. PM me and let me know if you're interested. I can send photos. You should also be able to view the Ebay listing; it was item number 130748679257.

Thanks for the thought. I would really like to hang in there for an earlier hand job frame which preferably is in its original paint.

Regards: Chris.

Back