Modern hardtails for £1000

Jones

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
A mate of mine that I built a cheapo bike up for at the beginning of last year has now lost 3 stone :shock:

He's doing his first Triathlon on July 4th at Afan Argoed and aiming to beat me :roll: :LOL:

He's asked me to look out for a modern hardtail for around £800 with disc brakes and 1/2 decent forks as a reward to himself for his fat loss efforts :LOL:

I've been having a look around and I'm wondering if he shouldn't just bite the bullet and buy a new £1000 bike :?

I had a ride on quite a few this morning and you get a LOT!! of bike for £1000 :cool:

The Boardman Pro is just silly for the money :shock: I also really liked the Lapierre Pro which I can also get for £1000, lesser parts but it rides very nicely :)

I'm going to have a go on a P7 tomorrow :D any other recomendations for a maximum of £1000 :?: or should he hold out to get a bargain second hand bike :?:

Jones":2oikpk1z said:
He's doing his first Triathlon on July 4th at Afan Argoed and aiming to beat me :roll: :LOL:

:LOL:

I have a Boardman Pro. It's excellent. You can get a lot for a grand second hand though.

Got a cheeky Scott Scale for sale soon....be about 650 quid. :LOL:

Genesis Altitude always seem to get really good reviews. I found the P7 very well built but a bit on the heavy side. What about a Merlin Cycles Rock Lobster, I know bike snobs dont like them because they are not Sadoff made but a 853'd complete bike for around a grand? Cant go wrong.

Trevor.

Back