Modern disc wheelset XT / Mavic 717

Simod":dorcyrvn said:
I've got 717 on Pro 2 that came from CRC. Very good rims for all XC stuff - i would be a bit careful if you are riding bigger stuff though - I fitted these to my Meta 5 for a trip to Whistler and now have several 'dings' in the rims after attacking the bikepark..........

heathy":dorcyrvn said:
Even took them to the alps and blasted them down a few DH courses!

Is that the same trip that you 'blasted' the hell out of my chalet? :shock: :twisted: ;)

HA ha, what this...... http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/vide ... 8956035392
Make sure you sound is on for this, oh and by the way Simod was sat on the bog when it Detonated :LOL:

heathy":23i2epz7 said:
Simod":23i2epz7 said:
I've got 717 on Pro 2 that came from CRC. Very good rims for all XC stuff - i would be a bit careful if you are riding bigger stuff though - I fitted these to my Meta 5 for a trip to Whistler and now have several 'dings' in the rims after attacking the bikepark..........

heathy":23i2epz7 said:
Even took them to the alps and blasted them down a few DH courses!

Is that the same trip that you 'blasted' the hell out of my chalet? :shock: :twisted: ;)

HA ha, what this...... http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/vide ... 8956035392
Make sure you sound is on for this, oh and by the way Simod was sat on the bog when it Detonated :LOL:

I've heard it was more the case of Simod shat the bog when it detonated, he has been known to scream like a girl at work :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I should go and hide now, just in case he reads this. :LOL:

After much researching on the interweb I finally decided to put my wheel order into to Chain Reaction.....

The XT hubs I want are now out of stock -d'oh! I've signed up for the "let me know when this item is back in stock" service so I'll have to wait. CRC seemed to be the only folk doing M756 silver hubs, I really don't want a black wheelset. Bah. :roll:

Woo hoo! CRC have the hubs back in stock and I've just put in my order. This is the first pair of wheels I've ordered since my LX / D521 wheels in 1998!

I looked at Hope hubs, (Merlin are doing XC717 / Hope Pro2 for £230) but I think the freewheel noise would get on my nerves! I think the big S does a sterling job on most things and if CRC do a decent build I'm on to a winner - I hope...... Shame XTR is so expensive :(

Back