Modern carbon ritchey bars and stem on a mid 90s zaskar??

SEANSTEPHENS

GT Fan
Feedback
View
i like the look of em and the pair should only weigh about 250g. what do you guys reckon, would they look silly and out of place on a 90s bike? i would probably get the black finish carbon ones not the weave finish

Attachments

• DSCN5742.jpg
    DSCN5742.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 466
i can't see a problem...I kind of treat all my bikes as I used to, I just kept updating parts whenever they wore out - i could afford a significant upgrade... adn if I am putting crabon on my bike, the more weave the better.
There's being period correct - which is fine, and then there is also being usable. Not that they are mutally exclusive, but it sure is easier to build stuff up with new bits.

Re:

Maybe im being too fussy Because im a fan of period correctness, but my bikes have always been to ride not to be admired and modern parts are generally superior. I just thought these might look out of place, im sure someone here would shout blasphemy :LOL:

Sean

Re:

IMG_0608.jpg

I had one set up like that once. Does not look period correct of course, but also doesnt look out of place. New modern handlebars and stems are a good choice i think if you ride the bike regularly. Peace of mind knowing they are strong and safe.

Re:

Actually they suit your zaskar really well. I guess though that cos theyre flat bars they dont look out of place

Sean

Re:

I think they look great and why not. If you like it then that's what matters and whilst it is nice to have everything as it was back in the day, it's also nice to make the most of those excellent steel frames with some of today's modern kit. I wanted to do the same with my P7 but it's a 1" steerer and no disc mounts :)

Anyway, I don't see the problem as long as you are happy and out on the trails riding the thing!

Latest posts

Back