Modern Campag 11sp group

MatBH5

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all,
This might not be the right place, but bear with me!
Im looking to update a steel frame (likely a '97 Mercian strada speciale) to modern spec for regular riding. Modern group and wheels. looking at Campag. Want good condition. Wheels to suit, always fancied Royce but know that's a long shot.
I know the sales & trades here are often more classic/retro, but many of you probably run modern too and might have spare bits or be looking to change a build.
Cheers all
Mat

[edit, wheels sorted, 11-sp wanted]

Re: Modern Campag 10/11sp group, wheels etc (Royce)

Hey Mat, I'm running a '96 Battaglin with a mid-00's Centaur / Chorus 10spd mix and '12 10sp Khamsin wheelset, plus a '83 R531 Dawes with some early '00 Campag powertrain, among others.
All works just great, so while I haven't anything to sell would definitely recommend older steel classics paired with modern groupsets. All the classic kicks plus all the reliability / ease of fixing / upgrading kit in my view.
There's often modern stuff on here to so well worth a rummage. Good luck with the build!
cheers
Richard

Re:

Hi,
I have a Centaur 10 speed groupset, Very nice condition.
I think complete, maybe missing the BB.
Wheels are Open Pro on Miche Primato hubs again very nice condition.
Is that the sort of thing you are after?
Kerry.

richardshill":2xqp8dmf said:
Hey Mat, I'm running a '96 Battaglin with a mid-00's Centaur / Chorus 10spd mix and '12 10sp Khamsin wheelset, plus a '83 R531 Dawes with some early '00 Campag powertrain, among others.
All works just great, so while I haven't anything to sell would definitely recommend older steel classics paired with modern groupsets. All the classic kicks plus all the reliability / ease of fixing / upgrading kit in my view.
There's often modern stuff on here to so well worth a rummage. Good luck with the build!
cheers
Richard

Thanks for your encouraging words, Richard. I'm certainly
Going to give this a go. Cheers, Mat

Re: Re:

220kestrel":pw3eav4e said:
Hi,
I have a Centaur 10 speed groupset, Very nice condition.
I think complete, maybe missing the BB.
Wheels are Open Pro on Miche Primato hubs again very nice condition.
Is that the sort of thing you are after?
Kerry.
Hi Kerry,
Thanks for your message.
I've had a few PM's too, but open to looking at a number of options so will drop you a line to learn more.
Cheers
Mat

Apologies for hijacking the thread - @220kestrel / Kerry - your Open Pro / Miche Primato wheelset... would you consider selling separately?
cheers
Richard

MatBH5":2dol43r2 said:
Hi all,
This might not be the right place, but bear with me!
Im looking to update a steel frame (likely a '97 Mercian strada speciale) to modern spec for regular riding. Modern group and wheels. looking at Campag. Want good condition. Wheels to suit, always fancied Royce but know that's a long shot.
I know the sales & trades here are often more classic/retro, but many of you probably run modern too and might have spare bits or be looking to change a build.
Cheers all
Mat

Hi Mat, are you wedded to a retro mod of the Mercian? I've done the same to a mid 90s TI Lapierre that I put 11sp Carbon Chorus on with Neutron Ultra wheels etc and now need to move on as I just don't need it - it would depend on your budget though!

Re:

Thanks all for your input - I've got some Royce wheels now, and looking for 11-sp Campag, just deciding on carbon finish or silver. Essentially second hand Record/Chorus or new Potenza.
Had excellent responses, help and advice from the Retrobike community - cheers all!

richardshill":2hk2ij9o said:
Apologies for hijacking the thread - @220kestrel / Kerry - your Open Pro / Miche Primato wheelset... would you consider selling separately?
cheers
Richard
Hi mate. I have a pair of open pro/campagnolo 10 speed wheels. I think you're local to Oxford as well. Hit me up if you're interested.

Back