Mereceds Benz Touring bike YES Mercedes Benz

aston bike

The one I refer to was several years ago and was based on a top end hand built hardtail mountain bike.Dont know the price . I simply remember the article in a mtb mag.One of those bikes that has loads of simple class but in a traditional way. All aston did was to spray it but I would expect a top class finish from them. If I spent hours rooting through my copies of old mags I could probably find it but there is better things to do with life.Certainly it wasnt the blinged up machine in your photo so if all is not as it was then so be it

Re: aston bike

half cog":2c4a5diu said:
The one I refer to was several years ago and was based on a top end hand built hardtail mountain bike.Dont know the price . I simply remember the article in a mtb mag.One of those bikes that has loads of simple class but in a traditional way. All aston did was to spray it but I would expect a top class finish from them. If I spent hours rooting through my copies of old mags I could probably find it but there is better things to do with life.Certainly it wasnt the blinged up machine in your photo so if all is not as it was then so be it

My post wasn't intended as a criticism of the older Aston badged Roberts, as the owner to two top notch examples of Chas Roberts work I expect the Aston version was very nice indeed. In fact i think i recall seeing one in an Ason showroom, could be mistaken as my memory aint what it was. But the new one - twenty five grand? Hmmmm..........

Re: aston bike

GordonB":2ybwzhj1 said:
half cog":2ybwzhj1 said:

My post wasn't intended as a criticism of the older Aston badged Roberts, as the owner to two top notch examples of Chas Roberts work I expect the Aston version was very nice indeed. In fact i think i recall seeing one in an Ason showroom, could be mistaken as my memory aint what it was. But the new one - twenty five grand? Hmmmm..........

Twenty five grand and they managed to put the front disc brake on the wrong side...................... :eek:

Michael: Nice Lexus.
Dan: Yes. I love Lexi.
Alan: Yeah, I always have a thing I say about Lexus, is like the…
Alan and Dan: Japanese Mercedes.
Dan: Yeah, well I hate Mercs. People who drive them are just sa-a-ad.

"A fully integrated synthesis of cutting edge forms and space age materials, ..."

Even just two or three of those words in one sentence is sufficient for one to reach for the shotgun....

Back