Mereceds Benz Touring bike YES Mercedes Benz

biggs682

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
this has to be one of the great touring bikes of this century

brief spec is

Mercedes Benz alloy 17 1/2" framed touring bike , this must be close to being the ultimate touring bike . suitable for around the 5ft 8" and above area person . 7 speed shimano nexus hub gear that is belt driven ! fr & rr hub brakes that actually work . Load adjustable dynamo powered lighting system .
butterfly bars that are fitted on multi adjustable alloy stem , nice large gel sprung saddle .
built in d lock that can double up as a rear carrier . 26 inch alloy wheels with slick tyres .
a great individual bike for the more discerning rider owner .

asking for offers around the £275 area

loads of pics just ask ready to be e mailed across

bike is in nn8 postcode but can be couriered to your door for extra £21.50 . but prefer collection or meet up

Attachments

• merc.jpg
    merc.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 2,294
They should stick to cars ;)

Seriously quite a dissappointment but then thats probably more to the fact that it's just not my cup of tea.

And those forks have the look of that cheap chrome effect car trim that turned cloudy within a month of the Capri owner sticking it in place (wonky) .

guys thanks for the reactions and comments .

my reasoning about this being a great bike is that it is a very functional design that has a different look and spec about it and no doubt the badge will appeal to those badge snobs out there .

as many might know i am more in to good old steel , hence why i am selling

Merc

Hi.
Try e bay. The problem is you are dealing with people who know the difference on here. To be honest e stay bikes were abandoned a long time ago in mountain biking. Gary Fisher , Saracen, Smoke Stone even some custom builders made them. However not any more. There have been one or two alpinestars on offer on the mtb section so they do still have a bit of a following but its a very limited market. The best of the motor badged ones I have seen was by Aston Martin. It was a Roberts Dogs whatsits supplied to Aston in bare steel for them to put through the spray shop. Sixteen coats of paint if I remember correct and in tasteful colours to match your Aston. A beautiful machine but you would not want to ride it around in the dirt.
Best of luck with it
Regards
Peter

Re: Merc

half cog":1jsi3u3y said:
Hi.
Try e bay. The problem is you are dealing with people who know the difference on here. To be honest e stay bikes were abandoned a long time ago in mountain biking. Gary Fisher , Saracen, Smoke Stone even some custom builders made them. However not any more. There have been one or two alpinestars on offer on the mtb section so they do still have a bit of a following but its a very limited market. The best of the motor badged ones I have seen was by Aston Martin. It was a Roberts Dogs whatsits supplied to Aston in bare steel for them to put through the spray shop. Sixteen coats of paint if I remember correct and in tasteful colours to match your Aston. A beautiful machine but you would not want to ride it around in the dirt.
Best of luck with it
Regards
Peter

Have you seen the latest Aston Martin, built just up the road from me at Diss? Personally I think it looks complete pants, the front end looks like it's tacked on as an afterthought with no style at all, and to cap it all the b*ggers have stolen the split seat tube from my Mecacycle! Twenty five thousand notes? In yer dreams!

See http://www.factorbikes.com/astonmartin/index.html and marvel at the gullibility of anyone daft enough to buy one. Clearly a toy for those with more money than sense, or am I just jealous.............

Gordon

Back