Mercian Saved!

I've always liked their relatively simple 631 audax frame but never actually got round to buying one as I always seemed to have bikes to hand with that functionality. A quick look on their website shows the audax frame priced at £1275 (although who knows what the new models and pricing might be), £1275 doesn't seem good value when a search for Audax on ebay throws up some great bikes and frames at a fraction of that price (including some Mercians)

I assume the model will have to change for them to maybe offer some cheaper far east sourced frames alongside some premium UK built models

I've always liked their relatively simple 631 audax frame but never actually got round to buying one as I always seemed to have bikes to hand with that functionality. A quick look on their website shows the audax frame priced at £1275 (although who knows what the new models and pricing might be), £1275 doesn't seem good value when a search for Audax on ebay throws up some great bikes and frames at a fraction of that price (including some Mercians)
£1275 looks like the going rate for other quality frames these days. Have a look at Condor for example. Even from Planet X they are £500.

£1275 looks like the going rate for other quality frames these days. Have a look at Condor for example. Even from Planet X they are £500.
That is true and if I did want a new British handbuilt Reynolds steel frame then Mercian would be top of my list. But I still wonder how they will sell enough to be a viable concern. Where will the demand come from? Hence thinking they will need to change the business model in some way.

Back