"Mavic" Alloy frame

pete_mcc":2jlchqo0 said:
I

Maybe there was a shop that sold the cable stops by the ton?

I'm sure that'll be the case - probably a fairly stock item from a frame builder resource like Ceeway; or rather the US equivalent back in the early 90s.

My Funk is earlier than that with the rivetted on stops - I'd never noticed the detail of those rear stops before.

GM - I thought I'd seen a frame painted in the same style in an article about one of the trade shows. Mavic mountain grouppo showcase maybe...I can't remember but that Funk will be a Pro-gram version (92ish?, and I think my Elison is a 93...which would be 4 years after the mavic group, so maybe not.

Doesn't resemble a GT in this case though.

Crell":nl8hljk6 said:
I thought I'd seen a frame painted in the same style in an article about one of the trade shows. Mavic mountain grouppo showcase maybe....

I'm pretty sure this would have been a trade show bike, or a press test one as you never really got neutral support in major mountain bike event until very recently. If it was a trade show/press test bike then you can bet your bottom dollar that it wasn't a nobbie-no-name frame as they'd really want to show the stuff off to the best. Strangly, despite me saying Funk, the gusset is very American-esque....

Interesting that there's no brace on the seat stays.

http://i.ebayimg.com/11/!BSLuFOQBWk~$(KGrHgoH-EQEjlLlwfrpBKB3+ynSgQ~~_1.JPG

Ellison does have some similarities:

P1000874.jpg

Back