Marmite brands - the love hate relationships

Muddy Fox (I have one but it came with no decals so I ignore the fact)
Marin - Zzzzzz
Raleigh - this is for two reasons; 1) my mate had an Activator II and claimed it to be the greatest bike in the land when really the opposite was true. 2) the local Raleigh dealership is run by a bunch of arragant idiots.

Does anyone else read legrandefromage's posts in his avatar's voice in their heads? I can't seem to help it :)

Marin Pine Mt was the closest I could get to a steel Orange here in NZ, and I loved mine to bits, very beige mtb though

Always wanted a Klein, only had one for a short while, left me with a "meh"

Specialized always disliked

Diamondback loved until the 94 update[/b]

racedoctor":1ps8e51m said:
Does anyone else read legrandefromage's posts in his avatar's voice in their heads? I can't seem to help it :)

I have many competing voices inside my head to choose from. There were complaints when I changed my pic...

Loves:

Muddy Fox - I do like Muddy Fox but most ride like poo.

Specialized - ride like nowt else I've tried so far.

Despite owning a Trek frame they just dont do anything for me as a sum of their parts.

Also though Shimano kit is difficult to avoid it also does not excite me at all even high end :roll: Reliable and works well but like Honda motorbikes its somewhat duller and less appealing than the opposition, thats my opinion not fact as I'm sure others would disagree.

Not really bothered about manufacturer love/hate, but recumbents :evil:

What is the point in those?

Actually no, don't bother even trying to explain - I just plain hate them. :twisted:

Always fancied Specialized and Scott but never bought one.

Not sure if they count as marmite brands though.

GT for obvious reasons already mentioned.
Orange- bland looks, heavyish and uninspiring to ride. Welds always looked average too. The bike equivalent of drizzle. Would have been more honest to call the company Biege.

The obvious choice for me is Trek, but I did own one. It was my first proper mtb and probably responsible for getting me hooked on the sport. Americans have a strong dislike of Parkpre - Europeans are more cultured on such matters.

Back