Marinoni Special Mountain Bike

Lovely finds. Is the chain stay chromed? I know he did that on the earlier Columbus tubed ones, along with the dropouts, for additional hardness. I've been curious about these for a while, would love to see a comparison between Eastern and Western Canadian geometry of the era.
@OldSkoolReTool'd Marinoni appears to have the chain stay chromed, but that's not the case for mine. Maybe it was an option at the time; my Marinoni came with a Deore LX groupset so it might have been a more ''budget friendly'' build.

I'll post some pictures when I'm done restoring it.

@OldSkoolReTool'd Marinoni appears to have the chain stay chromed, but that's not the case for mine. Maybe it was an option at the time; my Marinoni came with a Deore LX groupset so it might have been a more ''budget friendly'' build.

I'll post some pictures when I'm done restoring it.
Mines also Columbus

As promised, here are some pictures of my freshly restored 1991 Marinoni Mountain S as well as a scan of the original purchase order provided by Marinoni! The bike still had the complete Deore LX groupset when I bought it, but I replaced most of it by Deore XT.

(The color described on the P.O. is "red with the fork + rear black, white decals").

20240828_103652.jpg
20240828_103727.jpg
20240828_103826.jpg
20240828_104031.jpg
Screenshot_20240831_164922_Outlook.jpg

Latest posts

Back