Marin Team Titanium - Authentic?

Benandemu":lvyffquf said:
Interesting frame.

They are indeed factory decals, and they're very hard to reproduce from this era as they're water-decals rather than vinyl. As such they have a difference appearance.

The Team Marin was a very lightweight custom quad butted steel frame in 1999 (which were painted pearl white), and this is one of them. I genuinely believe that the factory put the wrong Team decals on it too, as they're too original. It's definitely not Titanium, and that's easy to see from the photos, but it's kind of understandable that one late Friday afternoon the new guy in the factory put the wrong decals on!

Still doesn't explain the dodgy, ill fitted, Colombus EL sticker does it, or was the guy having a break down and just fitting random stickers that would not have even been in the factory :?: :facepalm:

read through this thread a couple of times now, still doesnt make any sense :LOL:

what is the original question? is a steel frame titanium? :facepalm:

the last post made me smile though, maybe someone broke in one night and stickered up some frames to confuse us down the line :LOL:

If you don't understand the question, then you wouldn't have an answer for me...

If this frame is miss-labeled, is it really a Marin?

If it is a Marin, how can I be sure it's original and not repainted/powder coated, and slapped with some attention getting stickers?

If it's original, is that really Columbus Steel? I'm a Marin lover, but I hadn't heard of Mountain bike with Columbus steel...

Authentic,ya know

Re:

Marin did use Columbus steel in their mountain bikes. I'm not sure if they used that grade of Columbus steel but my 99 Team Marin is Columbus Cyber.

have been using Columbus tubesets on MTB's for decades ;)

Attachments

• columbus-536x800.jpg
    columbus-536x800.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 373
others have already told you the Columbus EL sticker doesnt belong as its a ultra light double butted road bike tubeset.

Looks to be a repaint to me, check the threads and inside tubes, and the stickers are definatly added but all irrelevent now :roll:

Back