Marin Team from 1995/6? - my hack build - SOLD

GT-Steve

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Having virtualy finished my Rourke build now, I don't think there's enough room in the garage for 2 x steel bikes, so I'm offering for sale here my Marin Team hack bike.

She's a 19" (c-c) 1996/7 frame, in good condition with no dents or cracks etc and was resprayed by Argos cycles a few years ago, apparently in a very attractive pale blue, with a purple top flip. It looks fantastic when the sun catches it, and not ghey at all :LOL: there are a few chips and scratches to the paint but nothing worth shedding a tear about.

Only running 1 brake at present, on the rear. This worked good enough for me, but if you wanted to run a front brake, you'd need some brake mounts for the forks (around £20ish). I have a matching Deore lever for the front, which I'll include, but I can't find the calipers, but can happily suppily a mis-matched Avid in grey.

Rough spec......

Frame - MArin Team
Fork - Pace RC36 EvoIII
Stem - Acor
Bars - Ritchey forcelite
Ends - Answer Hyperends (stubby)
Br levers - Deore
shifters - XT thumbies
Post - Pro-Lite carbon
Seat - Gippiemme
Cranks - Acor Titanium
Wheels - Mavic CrossRide
Tyres - Tioga Factory
Rr mech - XT M735
Fr Mech - LX (nos)
Pedals - flats + straps

Marin_omg005.jpg

AluOx2013.jpg

AluOx2014.jpg

AluOx2015.jpg

AluOx2016.jpg

Looking for £300 posted in the UK, at the spec pictured. SOLD

Willing to split, but I'd need commitments on the F+F package first, which would be £135 posted UK

Bump - happy to split for parts.

would like circa £90 posted UK for the frame, with BB.

Thumbies would be around the going rate of around the £45 mark, posted. They're in very good nick, work perfectly on this 3x8 set up and yes they have the 'hidden' clique.. :LOL:

They even run 9 and 10speed perfectly aptly... ;)

I'm keen for the frame and wheels to go first, if it goes ahead as a splitter, but you'll have first crack of the thumbie whip... :cool:

Hi steve!
Nice bike,good mix of old and new, this frame looks a bit big for a 19 though, I am 6'3 would it fit?, also how much does it weigh roughly? and how much wear on the chainrings.
Thanks Tom

Back