Marin Suspension circa 89

I just found a Pine Mountain frame & forks like this. Not really what I was looking for I have to admit, how does it come apart & is the suspension unit user serviceable? Is it fragile? if I did rebuild it, I'd want to be able to thrash it!

retrobikeguy":3r1ndj2l said:
they did a pre production test in an MBUK once of a zolatona and blue fork version, that was early days though.

this option was available on the pine mountain and the team marin only.

I was reading this very article, cover bike on like a 1991 mag i was reading whilst back at my folks at the weekend. Defo a zolatone paint browning machine, tested on some very rocky terrain.
Great timewarp machine ;)

Inigo Montoya":311v3xhk said:
retrobikeguy":311v3xhk said:
It had browning suspension, similar to action tech.

marin_pine_mountain_w_monoshox_1_142.jpg
looks weird. do you have close-ups?
was this 1989? someone got catalogues from that time?

I did a zoom........

Looks like a cross between an AMP and a Headshock.

marinsus.png

Someone was selling a browning fork maybe a year ago, the thread was quite informative IIRC.

Thanks for that link, Kaiser. I thought there'd be some interesting history. Good to see Mr. Browning was an English engineer, sorry to hear of his troubles.
It looks like the one in the pictures came out in one piece. Mine looks like it may have a slight weep, but the whole frame's kind of grimy. Still seems to have good action. Should get time to tinker with it this week.

Yup, mine came out in one piece & features a label:
Warning! Pressurised Unit Do Not Open etc. also there's a serial number AT5 100283, I guess they made at least 283 then!
Shows the name: Cycle Suspension Ltd England
Does anyone know if it's possible to get the unit serviced?
This one seems reasonable condition, the grease looks like it was left over from the bottom race rather than a leak. Paint's a bit scuffed. I suppose that means I'll have to keep the frame with it, I'll put it in the pile with my other 'retirement projects'.

Back