Marin Pine Mountain

Forest Rips

Retro Newbie
Hello,
I'm new here and thought I would share a photo of my early '90s Pine Mountain. Not sure exactly which year it was made, maybe '91, or '92? I bought it in '93-'94 as a pre-owned bike.
Pity the Marin Rockstar Sierra tyres could not be replaced, like for like. If anyone knows of a supplier of similar white walled 26 x 2.1 tyres, I would be delighted to hear from you.
This bike has been incredibly reliable. I have ridden it sympathetically over forest haul roads for 20 or so years (didn't ride for 6 years) and it owes me nothing. Hope to keep it for many more years to come.
Cheers,
Forest Rips

Attachments

• My '92 Marin Pine Mountain - Offside.jpg
    My '92 Marin Pine Mountain - Offside.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 468
  • My '92 Marin Pine Mountain - OSF.jpg
    My '92 Marin Pine Mountain - OSF.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 444
Ambee wall tyres come up for sale on here from time to time, or you could get some Panracer smoke/dart remakes, also very good.

Cheshire 1980, Thanks for your kind words and confirmation of '91 vintage. I though it was a '92. Also, thanks for your advice regarding tyres, I'll do some research on that basis.
The "Cow Horns" aren't used much, but provide a different posture for me when cruising. Pleased to know they were an original item. Not sure about the tape though? They could benefit from a re-tape, but I'm not sure what to use, to keep to the original style. Any thoughts on this, please? Additional photo attached.

Re:

Very nice 91. My mate had a mint one and the ride was super smooth.

John Smith on here used to have a stock of amber walled Panaracer Smokes but not sure if he has any left?

PopsTrippin & brocklanders023, Many thanks for your comments, nostalgia (and reliability) is what this bike is all about. I'll search for John Smith (not the Tadcaster, Yorks one) and try to find some tyres. Failing that, there are some available on the 'net in all sorts of condition, but I'm really looking for NOS that have been stored properly.

Back