Marin Pine Mountain (96?)

keepitmencap

Dirt Disciple
This absolutely hurts but unfortunately I need the money, and I just can't justify keeping a bike I never use!

I was bought this bike when I was a youth. I used it lightly for a year or so, before it sat in my mum's dry garage for about a decade. I then decided to dig it out, and was shocked at the condition. It really is pretty excellent considering how old it is, with only a couple of very small chips in places. I posted it on here at the time, and a few of the pics from there are posted below. I have updated the bars and a few other things since then, but unfortunately, my bloody mother appears to have binned the original forks! I will add some up to date images in the next couple of days, but wanted to see if there would be any interest at around £220? Looked on ebay, and this seems about right for something in this condition. I am in Nottingham, but have to travel between there and London a couple of times a week.

£220>>>>£150

Current spec (will add more detail):
White Industries chainset
Mavic rims
White Industries front hub
LX Rear Hub
Marzocchi Z4 forks
Marin flat bars/stem
Marin Post
XT shifters/levers/brakes/mechs

Up to date images here http://imgur.com/a/CpKwR

HFU2AoN.jpg

LciqYJn.jpg

euGgvrj.jpg

Not one for me at the moment as have too many things on the go, but that is a good price for a good bike in minty condition

Have a bump on me!

Ade

Re:

I am amazed this bike hasn't sold, maybe if people had ridden a Pine Mountain they would be more willing!!

I had the exact bike in 96 and it rode so well and better than bikes of twice the price of the time... treat yourself this Christmas you wont regret it.

This is a 'please someone buy this as I have too many projects on the go' bump.

al.

Re:

Nice. Very tempting.

What size is the frame?

Is the headset 1 1/8"? Would it have come with standard non-corrected 'RockStar' forks originally?

Finally got 5 minutes to measure her!

The Top Tube is 23 inches C-C
Seat Tube is 19 inches C-C, or 20 inches C-T

As for the original forks, it was so long ago, I can't really remember, but gutted my teenage brain longed for suspension of some type! Pretty sure they were identical to the ones here http://images.mtbiker.sk/biky/big/preview_IMG_3872.jpg

Headset is 1 1/8" and I think is by Dia-Compe from memory. Still has the defunct canti hanger if you wanted to try and get it back to original glory.

Latest posts

Back