marin pine frs not for the purest among us ;)

stevede

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
well getting near complete now i bought the bike as a tidy stock frame but she was just starting to show her age with the usual chain scrapes and cable rubs.
i got her home and started to look for pics on the net and im sorry to all the marin lovers i just thought they looked a little dull so decided to strip hang her up and paint her. then stripped front and rear shocks while she was apart for new elastomers. now only looking through my eyes with my taste but i think shes great i never understood why they painted the lovely rear chain stays
parts left at the moment to source are wheels levers after market cnc type and some nice canti hangers so hook me up if any one has anything that would suit :)

all comments welcome good or bad im thick skinned water off a ducks back and all that :)

Attachments

• sender.jpg
    sender.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 129
Re:

Very very tidy. Like how it’s set up now tbh. Wouldn’t change anything, apart from the saddle...

I like it. And like you said it's through your eyes that matters at the end of the day. You have some tidy parts so far. I like the dark frame and the purple Marin decal looks ace.
Reminds me a bit of my Manitou build, built with parts that pleases me.

Re:

Nice work! :cool:
Although personally I'm a big fan of the grey/silver of '93 Marins I think your interpretation looks great and fits in with the Marin brand at the time.

Re:

I like this! Decent...

Would a period black Marin drilled seat QR work better is the question I have for you...

➡️

Re:

Fair enough, it no catalogue rebuild however it is tastefully done.

Atleast there aren't bmx handlebars or 1 x 11 gearing.

I like it.

Yes, i really like that.

The colour looks great, i like Marin paint jobs but this really suits it. Though for me personally, like above, i would have to fit a different saddle, but that doesn't make me like it any less :cool:

ok so today i have added period saddle original onza ho brakes tnt hubs period grips and xt sti
hope you like it guys ;)

Back