Marin Palisades 92

Bona Kona

Dirt Disciple
Hi just had a Marin given to me, I was wondering does any one know what size forks can be fitted?
I have been told 1 inch only rather than 1 1/8..
Thanks

1 and 1/8th i dont think marin ever fitted inch forks. http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2...2_GALLERYSID=fb5341ccfdea7e98c2824b19f359d918
certainly here the 92 palisades is shown with 1 1/8th ritchey logic headset (threaded) so if you was looking to swap the forks out you could fit suspension threadless forks (im guessing thats why your asking) with a ahead headset and stem or threaded forks with the existing headset and stem.
just noticed inch headsets fitted to the hybrid and road bikes but not the mountain bikes

if you are sure it's a '92 then 1.1/8" it is. only the bolinas ridge in this year had 1" forks.

and, yeah, let's have a pic. ;)

nice!

clean for the year. what's the plans for the forks then? something different or a suspension itch to scratch?

if suspension is on the menu..go for something with limited travel from that sort of era, manitou, marzocchi etc.. these frames were not 'suspension corrected' giving a strange up-in-the-air look at the front if you install 80mm+.

marin

It is all new to me! I was a roadie in the 90's......
Seen some forks on ebay, and got a race planned for the new year on this piece of kit so need some sus forks.
It is a nice bike just want to spec it up a little and have some fun.
Just don't know what diameter forks fit?

Latest posts

Back