Marin mount pro

ernie2012

Retro Newbie
Hi I'm new on here looking for some help and ideas along the way, starting building the frame up for the wife, it's a 97 mount vision pro 17.5 parts so far

derailers
Rdm739
Fdm739
White brothers a/t 4
Head set Caine creek c2
Handlebars kore strictly d
Kore stem
Yeti grips
Bar ends x lite
Seat wilderness trail bikes comfort zone
Shock fox vanilla r

Any suggestions out there?

Will post pictures later can't work out how to get iPad to allow me!

pictures

here are the pictures

Attachments

• photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    48 KB · Views: 376
  • photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 376
  • photo (6).JPG
    photo (6).JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 376
Needs a good clean!

Welcome to the board.

And I reckon if you cant find canti studs you should sell the forks to me :LOL:

Looks like a good base to build on, does your wife downhill??

If not i'd lose the bars, seem like overkill as the mount vision is an XC bike, supposed to be light as possible i'd say.

Check the whole thing for hairline cracks before going any further.

Enjoy the build!

:cool:

Hi

It looks like a Mount Vision rather than a Mount Vision Pro, the Pros had a matt grey finish and a Fox Alps Air shock. Having said that I don't think there are any differences with the frames other than the colour, so you could get it finished in grey and fit and air shock and call it a "Pro"

Good luck with the build.

Simon.

Agree on the good clean will make it much better, As it's the mrs bike I wouldn't spend too much on it

Not being sexist but MOST..not all..mr's bike get ridden two or three times in the summer then left in the shed the rest of the year so I would go for dx/lx quality maybe even value for money stx rc kit

Given the red highlights I'd probably add panaracer xc fire with red accents too

Give the swingarm a REALLY good clean and check thoroughly for cracks, the MK1 versions like yours were succeptable to cracks in various locations, so much so that Marin offered no quibble warranty replacements with an upgrade to the MK2 version when it became available mid 97

Thanks guys the frame has been in my attic for12 years & the forks i got in y2k shipped over from collarado usa i still have the box & bill they have never been on the bike.

When i got the frame the guy said he had the frame dipped he said it was grey but im not sure.

Im not to sure what size bottom bracket to use its 68mm but lenght? opinions please.

I have just got a 2009 Iron Horse Yakuza Ojiki downhill/freeride bike got to say what a bike :D

Back