Marin indian fire trail - what should I do with it?

xchopper

Retro Newbie
Hey guys, first time on here, ive got an old (90's) marin fire trail. Was thinking of just sticking it on ebay and see what it fetches, but having checking out some of your builds, I am wondering if I should refurbish it, and update some parts, most of which seem original ...... but I will want to sell it whether I do that or not.

Question ... is it worth stripping down and refurbishing, if so what is worth doing and what is not?

I'll start with the frame, no cracks or any problems, but it is does seem flaky and bubbly, is that just the stickers?

marin1.jpg

marin2.jpg

marin3.jpg

marin4.jpg

marin5.jpg

marin6.jpg

marin7.jpg

marin8.jpg

No I do eventually want to sell it ... but I am debating whether to refurbish it first or not.

Not sure whats it worth as is, or refurbished.

dont refurb it just to sell it, you'd never make the money back. a deep clean wouldnt hurt thoug

This '95 model looks quite original including the White Industries parts. Ref to the catalogue on this forum.

Keep it and love it!

There is a specific thread for valuations in the chat forum. If you have no intention of keeping it then why bother wasting time and money refurbishing it first. Give it a good clean and lube so that the buyer could ride it straight away and you maximise what you could get for it, then two happy parties.

Back