Marin Bear Valley SE

I ment to say before, a 19 inch frame is to large for a short arse like yourself :twisted: , you will just have to sell the bike to me insteed ;)

Yeah will do I was more interested in the shox recommended running pressure and the and the chrome plater / frame painter queries, I can live with the stem for a while. You're right I am a short arse :) I must say that retro bike stuff is quite addictive, already I'm spending work time eyeing up period XT(R) kit for it. :oops:

Assuming all the air is out of the oil (simple pumping up and down should do it, though you may need to 'pull' the fork bottoms down to hit the top out, to do it properly)

Pressurise to 80 to 100 PSI, leave for an hour to settle (you may be able to miss this step as iirc that's only after a good oil change.)
then let air out till around (standard settings) of around 38 to 42 PSI

35 (skinny runt) to 48 PSI (fat lard, like most RetroBikers ;)) is the range, but usually you would alter the oil to a different weight... loads of things you can try.

It is either a MAG20 or a '93 MAG21 (air valve/adjuster caps say this)
The steerer/crown is a MAG20 (unless anyone knows of any very early MAG21's that used it)

Old Ned - Thanks the bikes good, the owner however is rubbish and to quote Blackadder is like "an asthmatic ant with heavy shopping". As for the Peaks they sound a bit steep for me ;) I had to push up a 1:8 on the test ride as the granny cog wasn't doing it for me :oops:

FluffyChicken - Mmmm 80 - 100 psi settlement pressure, might skip that stage she's an old girl, I'll put 40psi in, buy some helium balloons and cut down to 5 kebabs a day :) Thanks for the info researching

dirtjumper_dmr - Cheers still needs some paint work and rechroming of the rusty bits, until then she's a work in progress in my eyes. When I've done I'll post some completed pics to readers bikes.

Latest posts

Back