Marin Bear Valley 97 frame repainting FINISHED

92 bear valley se":fy2e8buq said:
Very impressed with the quality of the finish especially once the stickers were applied. I have a 92 Bear Valley SE which I have had since new and was looking to do something similar but have been unable to get decent replacement stickers.
Can you tell me where you got yours and if original 92 style silver are available too?

hello, "Gil_m" (part of this forum, you can contact the MP) has made my stickers and I can tell you it is very good.

gerryattrick":3rcum110 said:
A lovely looking job, well worth the effort. The decals finish the bike off well. Can you tell me if they were the water slide type or the two layer stick on type, as I'm hoping to print my own stickers for my next renovation job.

I'm sorry I do not know the different techniques stickers, I think you should seek information from Gil_m because it was he who made me.

Hello everyone
This is my Bear Valley finished.
I am very happy with this bike, the SLX group works well, the Recon SL is effective and light, the frame is very comfortable.
It is not like the original but what do you think of this bike?

Attachments

• P1000713 (Medium).JPG
    P1000713 (Medium).JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 2,279
  • P1000714 (Medium).JPG
    P1000714 (Medium).JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 2,279
Is there any chance you can let me know how to get an old

Marin Bear Valley bike? I am looking for one of the older models with a purple frame. It fits better than any other bike I've tried and I have wanted one for the last 10 years.

fabulous job you done there. whilst on BV , can anyone tell me the seatpost diameter? i didnt have the old one so i guessed 27mm. This too big , went for 26.8 , this went in 4" & got stuck. Anyone?

my bv se 93 had a marin lite 26.4 seat post in but was skank, bought a new marin 26.4 seems to work cool sliding in top to bottom

bv seatpost

sylus":1j7nlwkb said:
my bv se 93 had a marin lite 26.4 seat post in but was skank, bought a new marin 26.4 seems to work cool sliding in top to bottom

+1. you will get away with a 26.2 aswell. i did on my old palisades of the same year.

Back