Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Utah's Cannondale Beast

• WTB's Potts Cross Country

• Zangolin's Saracen Conquest

• Total voters
Dr S has this one wrapped up. It was always going to be between the Pace and another amazing Ameybrook build. For me though, the very elderly Saracen.

Looks like we're going to hop in a time capsule

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/?p=57

publication3_145.jpg

a lot of top notch builds to choose from this month.

for me it's the kona, yeti or amp. still on the fence which on to vote for.

feetabix":3utycnty said:
difficult,not sure why really but theres a simple elegance about the green stumpy....d

Had only been a spectator/voter till this month- it was fun; I'll have to enter again next month.

and congrats to Dr. S; he beat some formidable contestants from the States, this month, with that Pace RC100.

What a funny old game this BoTM this is. When I put the Pace up I thought it would hold it's own against the beauties that had been entered so far- the Merlin was stunning, clean builds with the Kona and Ritchey, but yeah, she'll be in with a chance. But then the Cooks arrived quickly followed by the Potts. Game over I thought even before Ameybrooks Yeti came along. Now Ameybrook is my favourite builder on RB, his bikes are super clean and always beautifully executed. Oh well, it's just a bit of fun and it's the taking part that counts. There were so many bikes that could have won this month- the best entry list that I have seen in my time on RB.
I'm absolutely staggered to see the Pace romp home in such a manner. There were times during the build when I wanted to throw that damn bike over the hedge next to my workshop and forget about it. Now it all feels like the pain was worth something.
Big thanks to all that voted and followed the build over on Readers Wives. Your kind words and support got this build finished and please share this win with me- this one is for you guys.
May every BoTM deliver beautiful bikes and difficult choices.

Thank you all.

A very humbled Si ;)

Back