Mar 2008 BoTM. Titanium Speical

Status
Not open for further replies.
The FUNK is amazing and really rare but I'm in love with the Merlin...
The choice would be hard to do! :?

Grand FUNK

It was an Elevator ride all the way - but when I got to the top I found the FUNK....!

Didn't think I had or even needed a 'dream bike' - now it appears I do! I think I'm back in love with BoTM...

Mr K

jez-2-many-bikes":mdbi4r7t said:
Ive got to finally add the finishing touches to the fresh white cables and Ill add my Fat Ti in this month.

I wondered where it was Jez - suprised you never entered it before?

titalain":19euyhhr said:
The FUNK is amazing and really rare but I'm in love with the Merlin...
The choice would be hard to do! :?
Why don't you vote for the sandvik-campy ?
It was your frame if I remember ! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I agree : it will be hard to choose… Most beautifull bike I think… :roll:

Where's all the other ti Fats, the GT Xizangs, the Ibis Bow-Ti's?
Its the one material I've never owned......one day.... :roll:

I have a feeling this is not going to be the only Fat Chance Titanium as they are as common as muck on here :shock:

My old Fat Ti has been with me for many years, it's one of the very early 1992/3 models with external 'sleeve' butting on the down tube and seatstays. This one has BOI forks, Cooks cranks spinning on a homemade Ti BB, Beebop pedals, Precision Billet mechs and shifters, IRD switchbacks with Winwood poly blocks, Box levers, Chris Bell egg rings, SRP ti block, ringle stem, skewers and hubs on M231cds with Porcs, Flite, Syncros post, Doggy hanger and shimmed bar with Ti bar ends and Odi attacks and King.

The other interesting thing is the Fatlanta decals on this, one of only 10 or so sets made for the Atlanta Olympics.

yt2rff.jpg

yt2rf5.jpg

yt2q9x.jpg

Been on many an adventure (including the SS National Champs) but now moving into semi-retirement as I have less and less time, and more and more of it is spent on the Seven (my retro of the future!), but once an month I just have to have a 'head down, arse up' XC ride to take me back!

yt2q9g.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back