Mar 2008 BoTM. Titanium Speical

Status
Not open for further replies.
another old one

MY 91 Xizang with a mix of new and old parts.

Attachments

• DSC08130.JPG
    DSC08130.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,576
  • DSC08132.JPG
    DSC08132.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 1,576
  • DSC08137.JPG
    DSC08137.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 1,576
  • DSC08134.JPG
    DSC08134.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,576
Defiant":2b5iw087 said:
Bought this one from a former employee of MErlin, and according to the story behind it, this one was made by VAn der Mark
I do not have any better pictures right now but the weldings are amazing,..

i had a meeting w/ him today ironically enough.

Dhphat":2574muap said:
Defiant":2574muap said:
Bought this one from a former employee of MErlin, and according to the story behind it, this one was made by VAn der Mark
I do not have any better pictures right now but the weldings are amazing,..

i had a meeting w/ him today ironically enough.

nice!

This isn't really a serious contender for BOTM but, as a relatively new forum member, I thought I would try and show you my Litespeed Ocoee and say thanks for the help that I have received.

The frame is probably from 1998 with what i think at the original Mavic Crossmax wheels, XTR brakes, XTR front and rear mechs. The whole retro show is scuppered by the more recent Hydra-air forks, XT cranks, XT shifters and Easton finishing kit.

I am pleased with the cables though which came from Ebay and add some ghetto bling!

The bike transports by 40 year old bones in fine style and has reinvigorated my love of off-road after a 10 year interval during which I have been a roadie.

Attachments

• Picture1 comp.jpg
    Picture1 comp.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,490
Archangel":ufi9ejja said:
Moderators: Are Epic Ultimates allowed to participate ? Titanium lugs, carbon tubes...

Archangel,

sorry, think we'll have to say no to the ultimate. Probably be ok for carbon botm though. Or specialized. Both of which may or may not be coming soon ;)

My Merlin XLM.
Not so retro, but with some retro parts.

Hope you like it.

Attachments

• DSCN0005-75.jpg
    DSCN0005-75.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,406
  • DSCN0009-75.jpg
    DSCN0009-75.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,406
Ti Goat

First (as far as I know) Ti Goat ever!! It is only a frame so not really a contender but figured I ought to throw in a picture or two since it fits the theme. I'll make another post with more details/pictures.

P3130001.jpg

P3130008.jpg

Ti Fat

More pictures and details @ http://mombat.org/1993_Ti_Fat.htm

FatTi.JPG

FatTiCollar.JPG

This bike was built with just about as much Titanium as possible (frame, bars, post, cogs, hub parts, spokes, pedal spindles...). Weight is about 22.5 pounds as she sits. Massachusetts built bike with the sleeved down tube and chain stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back