Manitou 1s (now with pics?)

Lionheart

Retro Newbie
Manitou !s, in very good condition, no scratches on lowers or marks on stanchions, alloy would polish up (currently ten year old patina - 'mud') I bought them new a very very long time ago! Went on my Stumpjumper Mk2, 1 inch steerer 135mm long with 18mm of thread, put new elastomers in ...... about 2000! and have been on the wall since.
hoping for £50 (includes postage)

thanks
Richard

Attachments

• PA230003_2.jpg
    PA230003_2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,590
  • PA230001_2.jpg
    PA230001_2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,588
am interested in the forks if I can fit a longer 1 1/8" steerer..........I`m new to this, does anybody know if this can be done and how ? :?

Early Manitou steerers were press fitted into the alloy crown so youll have to get a crown with a longer steerer im afraid :(

andy.l":2aitquqt said:
Early Manitou steerers were press fitted into the alloy crown so youll have to get a crown with a longer steerer im afraid :(
just changing the fork crown is the easier way :) i have a 1 1/8" spare crown from a manitou 2. should fit nicely...

You sure that crown is original?? My Mani 1s crown is far cleaner, with 4 gert big bolts right through its middle. The milled ends on yours look more like those from the later series 2 or 3 forks

A lot of talk...... but is it still available?

If so, I'm interested!!

Can you also send it to the Netherlands?

gr,
Bart

Back