Manitou 1 fork with split clamp crown

slimjoe

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Recently acquired this pair of very clean Manitou 1 forks. They have a split design crown on them with bolts at the front :? :?:

Any ideas if these are a Doug Bradbury fork or at least crown?

And how much are these old forks worth?

Attachments

• Manitou fork and other stuff 158.jpg
    Manitou fork and other stuff 158.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 1,165
  • Manitou fork and other stuff 155.jpg
    Manitou fork and other stuff 155.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,165
Sorry mods please move

I did try and post this on the Whats it worth section and it ended up here :roll:

Please mods can you move it?

Greetings slimjoe;
You have what appears to be 1st. Generation Answer Manitou forks in excellent condition, not the original Bradbury forks. Check the innards, I suspect the elastomers have rotted and died. Do a search on here for replacements or spring sets that are available. I've been using the same forks on three cycles since 1992.
Regards
Carl

manitou916":3fj23qu7 said:
It's a Manitou One crown - to match the fork. I saw these on eBay and had to laugh when I saw the crown installed back to front :LOL:

Remove the ugly shock boots though, they don't belong there ;)

Not off E-bay fella. they came in a box of retro parts i acquired. Person who had them reckoned they were not just standard ones! And yep, that Answer logo speaks volumes.

It was the Crown i wasnt sure about due to it being split on the top-side.

I havent had a proper look round them yet but they apear to be clean apart from the natural lack of movement.

Cheers folks.

check it carefully for cracks, mine went at the sharp angles and is cracked in about 8 places.....

If you dont want them I have another pair in the garage that they could keep company

manitou916":2pibez3r said:
It's a Manitou One crown - to match the fork. I saw these on eBay and had to laugh when I saw the crown installed back to front :LOL:

Yeah but it looks a lot cooler like that on a bike IMHO. Mine is also on that way, has black bolts in it and I think it looks :cool: compared to hiding the bolts in the back. It's a straight crown anyway so it don't matter how you mount it.

manitou916":2pibez3r said:
Remove the ugly shock boots though, they don't belong there ;)

Second that, those just look soooo way off on a Manitou (any Manitou for that matter) :twisted:

It's the original crown. The bolt have to be on the back. So remove it and return it ;)

Back