Manitou 1 1/8th fork crown WANTED to fit 1 1/8 in steerer

Re: Manitou 1 fork crown WANTED to fit 1in steerer

Don't let that Mani 1 with 1 inch steerer rust in peace in the shed. Give it a new life for 2014 :facepalm:

....I'll go look :D
I went to look and found these.... its a Mani 1 1/8" crown (or 1 1/4 actually looking at it) with the proper Manitou 1" steerer converter. Comes with a 1" threaded steer tube that's about 20cm (I can measure it properly if you want).

M-Power":3lkxi960 said:
Don't let that Mani 1 with 1 inch steerer rust in peace in the shed. Give it a new life for 2014 :facepalm:

Attachments

• PC131064 (Custom).JPG
    PC131064 (Custom).JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 593
  • PC131062 (Custom).JPG
    PC131062 (Custom).JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 593

Hsve an old manitou e9 shockie off a 92 Orange aluminium elite, will have a look on Monday when I'm back in the garage and measure it.

Antstark":1aib6foh said:
....I'll go look :D
I went to look and found these.... its a Mani 1 1/8" crown (or 1 1/4 actually looking at it) with the proper Manitou 1" steerer converter. Comes with a 1" threaded steer tube that's about 20cm (I can measure it properly if you want).

M-Power":1aib6foh said:

Interesting :) Do you know if the reducer shim is in good shape and can be reused ? I'd like to stick a Ti threadless steerer in there. Not keen in having to mess about with it though.

Not familiar with the E9 shock. I'm looking for something that's easy to build, swop steerers in etc. The Mani 1 fits that brief so far but I'm open to other options.

orangealuminiumelite":1koymm3g said:
Sorry bud it is a mani 1, with grey lowers will let u know

Fingers crossed its a Mani 1 one on 1 ;)

Hi......the shim is just a split metal collar....hopefully you can see in the pics below. If you want to replace the steerer you just undo the bolts and knock it out as you would normally. I would let just the crown go without the steerer tube if you were interested.

BTW wasn't an Orange elite 1 1/4" headset

Attachments

• IMG_1169 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_1169 (Custom).JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_1172 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_1172 (Custom).JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 556
Back