Malverns classic 2022 aftermath

Perhaps next year there could be an unofficial show n shine, adjudicated by tame RBers (who will be barred from entry themselves). Maybe a bespoke RB badge for the winner to stick above their profile. Not as good as £1k.. but also sort of better in the cred stakes.

What a brilliant 3 days that was. Overall we were lucky with the weather, Thursday set-up day the wettest and a notable downpour Friday night the only dampers, otherwise it was sunny and warm (very warm / humid in the stands).

It's a big site, plenty of space to move around, and a lot of stands from a good range of manufacturers, shops, other retail, food (big shout out to the burrito and BBQ stands - absolutely delicious) and the big old beer tent. Event wise, there's a lot to do, so if you're looking to combine riding with natter, then it's perfect.

I was fortunate to be with Kona (Scott, Graham and Jake the Kelpie) all weekend so I didn't see much of the activities, but that was no bother as I got to live out a fantasy of working for Kona, a long held dream. If I was 20 years younger, who knows eh? Anyway, I got to chat with loads of people, fanatics, inquisitive folks, prospective and actual customers, dealers, riders (big-up Evie smashing the female vets downhill and enduro, great to see Josie before her big 4x week in Italy), young and old. I got to meet some hero's not least Mr Waugh who was happy to see the Misser Replica up close. Doddy came and went a few times, fleeting moments and smiles.

Best of all, was putting some names to virtual faces, not least Hatch, Jamie, Longun and many more (apologies if I forgot you name). My only wish was that Pip could have popped along given the Malverns are his favourite spot to ride.

GT were partying hard (50th anniversary) - Saturday night they were right on it with Hans chugging away on bottles of white wine (his birthday), beer pong and beer bongs all over the place 🤣 To quote one of their staff the next day "I'm hanging, I've had 2 shits, but a third will sort me right out".

The entertainment I saw and heard was good value. The slopestyle was great, some proper skill on show. I hate Oasis but the tribute band were hilarious. Doddys set was paint by numbers and lacklustre, but Leeroy brought the big guns Saturday night (and his set was proper live). I felt sorry for the act that followed him!

I'd love to hear from anyone who rode the courses and what they were like, perhaps I'll have some time to ride them early doors next year. Roll on 2023! Photo dump incoming, starting with day 1:

NWw1y9.jpg

VyQgiA.jpg

hPnpN9.jpg

X26SbI.jpg

fyXiDN.jpg

5MtSA4.jpg

1xEH7K.jpg

sStyKe.jpg

Suohvo.jpg

iLI2dP.jpg

nZEpjp.jpg

WVOQGk.jpg

tMrOyV.jpg

f3bG2c.jpg

zRgcUf.jpg

6WOjlJ.jpg

Retro bike stand looked great and had some awesome bikes to lust over well done to all who were involved in organising it (and thank you for letting me and the other half put our bike on the stand on Saturday😁)
Likewise for the show and shine was brill seeing all of the bikes lined up and such a wide selection..... Just enjoyed our first experience of being able to enter ours in with them 👍👍

Last edited:
Retro bike stand looked great and had some awesome bikes to lust over well done to all who was involved in organising it (and thank you for letting me and the other half put our bike on the stand on Saturday😁)
Likewise for the show and shine was brill seeing all of the bikes lined up and such a wide selection..... Just enjoyed our first experience of being able to enter ours in with them 👍👍
Which ones did you enter?

Back