Making your own decals

Scan them if you can. Then as it's for a stinky send the scans to me. I'll see what vi can sort in terms of digitised versions. For vinyl they'd be two layer, with a clear coat over. Or you could use the vinyl for masking and spraying. Have a look at what fat creations is capable of with that method.

Scan them if you can. Then as it's for a stinky send the scans to me. I'll see what vi can sort in terms of digitised versions. For vinyl they'd be two layer, with a clear coat over. Or you could use the vinyl for masking and spraying. Have a look at what fat creations is capable of with that method.
Perfect. Thank you for that

Would you not recommend powder coating?
Opinions differ greatly when it comes to corrosion protection, durability and design possibilities.
I come from the construction sector where powder coatings are often used. They are cheap, environmentally friendly and robust. I think for bicycles it's more a question of style. You can do a lot with wet paints....if you are a professional or work very cleanly. I'm more pragmatic about it. If I want to ride a bike, it ruins my enjoyment if I think about the expensive paintwork every time I hit a stone. As I want to ride all my bikes, I've always preferred a powder coating. I've also painted bikes myself, but the results have never been better than the powder coater.
Like this:
Screenshot_20241014-234605-029.png
And paints aren't cheap either.
So yes, I would recommend powder coating anytime if you're not looking for a piece of art or something like that but want to use your bike.

Opinions differ greatly when it comes to corrosion protection, durability and design possibilities.
I come from the construction sector where powder coatings are often used. They are cheap, environmentally friendly and robust. I think for bicycles it's more a question of style. You can do a lot with wet paints....if you are a professional or work very cleanly. I'm more pragmatic about it. If I want to ride a bike, it ruins my enjoyment if I think about the expensive paintwork every time I hit a stone. As I want to ride all my bikes, I've always preferred a powder coating. I've also painted bikes myself, but the results have never been better than the powder coater.
Like this:
View attachment 892756
And paints aren't cheap either.
So yes, I would recommend powder coating anytime if you're not looking for a piece of art or something like that but want to use your bike.
Makes sense totally 👍🏻

Back