Making your own decals

Stretch79

Kona Fan
hi all,

Just wondered if anyone has made their own decals for their bikes?

Been reading up on scan and tracing then placing to be vectored.

Anyone any tips etc?

Do I need to just photo or is it better to trace the decal, scan to computer then upload and work from that?

Thanks

don't do it. It's a pain in the arse.
if you do it, use inkscape. :)

hints, none, until you try and do it, then ask questions. :)

not got any pictures of just the decals. I have a vinyl cutter, you could send them to a sign makers to be cut too. really thin lines don't work.

not got any pictures of just the decals. I have a vinyl cutter, you could send them to a sign makers to be cut too. really thin lines don't work.
Have you considered a tutorial Dave? I'd be very interested being ignorant in all things tech.

Have you considered a tutorial Dave? I'd be very interested being ignorant in all things tech.
trust me, you don't want to learn from me, I'm a hack who does it because he can. I'll quite often do things to get there that would be viewed as less than the correct way to do it.
other issue is that every time is different, some times it's easy, other times it will take hours to correct it, so a tutorial really isn't going to help you. The best way to learn is to download inkscape, do some basics and when you get stuck, google for help. :)

trust me, you don't want to learn from me, I'm a hack who does it because he can. I'll quite often do things to get there that would be viewed as less than the correct way to do it.
other issue is that every time is different, some times it's easy, other times it will take hours to correct it, so a tutorial really isn't going to help you. The best way to learn is to download inkscape, do some basics and when you get stuck, google for help. :)
Thanks mate :)

Thank you very much. I’m reading all below and I will give it a try. Would like to create my own so I can do any future ones

Hears someone mention they need to be vector’d so they can get cut out via a tracing app. I’ve traced the decals so now need to get them to the computer

Back