Making your own decals

was thinking about this at 3am (don't ask). you'll want this as multiple layers of vinyl. Black letters with a white offset then the rest of the decal in your chosen colours (seem to remember black then another colour depending on the colour of the frame, like orange on the green frame).

you'd do all the same colour as one decal preferable which would put it as black on top, white below that and then the colour below that.

was thinking about this at 3am (don't ask). you'll want this as multiple layers of vinyl. Black letters with a white offset then the rest of the decal in your chosen colours (seem to remember black then another colour depending on the colour of the frame, like orange on the green frame).

you'd do all the same colour as one decal preferable which would put it as black on top, white below that and then the colour below that.
Aren't there colour vinyl printers that will print full colours and cut? I'm sure I've seen a few ads on eBay for the service. Basically you get as many decals as you can fit on a 1m roll full colour, cut out for about 30 quid as I remember. I'll try and find the link. Also there are quite a few desktop colour vinyl printers that cut for around 400.

It's only like 7 quid for a 1.3m roll as many as they can fit on it.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I printed all my 531 decals like this - your man at H Lloyds was being an ar#e (good customer services are not his forte), so I just got a good resolution copy online and they looked great

I don't have a vinyl printer, I have a cutter. I'm talking from my experience and how I would do it. Yes you could get it printed as well. I have never had it done so can't comment on how it comes out.

I don't have a vinyl printer, I have a cutter. I'm talking from my experience and how I would do it. Yes you could get it printed as well. I have never had it done so can't comment on how it comes out.
They come out as sharp as the images you put into it. I've had some great results with colour vinyl and at pretty cheap prices too.

Back