Major Cyles Competizione - My handmade custom steel bike

skywalker

Dirt Disciple
This Thread is about my Major Cycles Competizione. Handmade steel frame from Columbus 0.8 - 0.5 - 0.8 tubing. Geometry is designed to my needs (and whishes) with a short wheelbase...

5727751660_2bd6d1a891_b.jpg

Yes, Wheelbase is really narrow :LOL:
5727196271_b93dd60bd0_b.jpg

5360509200_d0b94851b7_b.jpg

5359893421_4c666fd35b_b.jpg

5357024922_d5c52280a7_b.jpg

5359893723_2bbdaf4545_b.jpg

What a beautiful looking bike. The matching stem really sets the frame off. I may go down that route myself - you've inspeired me.
What sort of feel/ handling were you seeking when you spec'ed such a short wheel base? How does it handle down those mountainous hairpins? Does it meet your expectations?

Can you tell me a little about Major cycles, please? They're not a name I've come across.

Best wishes,

David

Cossington":1r0e1lr4 said:
What a beautiful looking bike. The matching stem really sets the frame off. I may go down that route myself - you've inspeired me.
What sort of feel/ handling were you seeking when you spec'ed such a short wheel base? How does it handle down those mountainous hairpins? Does it meet your expectations?

Can you tell me a little about Major cycles, please? They're not a name I've come across.

Best wishes,

David
David.

Thanks for your kind reply.

The intention of this geometry was to have a ride similar to common Track bikes, but with a rather deep bottom bracket. So it is stable when running freehanded straight on - but it turns into every corner as soon as I think about. This is, what it really does, so everything is fine about the geometry idea... Especially it does not at all lock into a turning radius but can also be angulated more or less during cornering.

Furtehrmore I just love the look of an ultra-short rear.

There is o real brand called "Major Cycles". I just use it for my own bike(s)

Tom

Tom,

Thanks for the insights into the geometry.

''There is o real brand called "Major Cycles". I just use it for my own bike(s)''.
Did you build this beauty yourself?! I am mighty impressed.

'Chapeau!'

David

Cossington":m32jmq37 said:
Tom,

Thanks for the insights into the geometry.

''There is o real brand called "Major Cycles". I just use it for my own bike(s)''.
Did you build this beauty yourself?! I am mighty impressed.

'Chapeau!'

David

Well, it's not a "homemade" frame. It's the result of a frambuilding class almost three years ago. But anyways, every braze and every bit of filing was done by myself.

Tom

Lovely, congratulations on the build. Just up my street with the short wheelbase etc. A real classic look on a modern frame.

Back