Maguras: Sorted, thanks!!

russ77

Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Does anyone have a full set of Maguras HS33s they can offer? Bought my dream frame a long time ago only to find someone has drilled out the cable stops, meaning I can't run gears or a standard rear brake. I was not impressed. In particular because the frame was sold to me as being brand new...

So I sulked for a while but got thinking this weekend that there's a way round it. Single speed with hydraulic brakes! An impractical showbike, no less. Eventually I'll get new stops brazed on, but until then, can anyone help?

Cheers, T..

hello bud got a set of boxed NOS race line hs33's in silver, I will be looking for NOS money though.

Let me know if your budget's up to it and I take some pictures tomorrow.

Staf.

having said that there's a much easier way to sort your problem, frames like the cannondale jekyll come with the brake cable stops already drilled out to run hydrolics and little black inserts to slot in to run cables, so try putting a request out for them instead, I may have a couple kicking about you can have, probably enough to get your gears working.

Staf

or just run a full length of outer cable?

marginally more friction, but totally sealed. Works for me on my Commuter

Wow, thanks for the responses!

I already tried a type of solution using some motorcycle ferrules as shown below, but it's an inelegant solution. If there are smaller alternatives, I would be interested.

RAFbikes: thanks for the suggestion. I have no idea what a NOS set would cost. Let me know. Should I be sitting down?

Densjo: please tell me more. Cosmetic condition probably isn't as important as function. Really I just want to ride this bike, after wanting it for 14 years.

I did think about running outers all the way back ,but the back stops have not been ruined like the front ones. I suppose with the right cables it would be possible (like I've had to do with my On-One). Secretly fancy some hydraulic brakes I guess... I recently rode a bike with V brakes for the first time and just built one with discs. Want to try them all! Thanks for the suggestion, amedias.

front.jpg

rear.jpg

I also have a full set of front and rear Raceline yellow HS33s (2001-2002 I think) that I might be persuaded to part with...

Matt

I HAVE A USED SET OF MAGURA RACELINES WITH RED KOOKA LEVERS AND A RED CURVE STIFFENER. I don't know if red fits your build.

Colour's not important really. They just need to work and not be too beaten up. I'll send you a PM if you've got any photos or a price in mind.

Cheers,

kokies":3dwx5zu6 said:
I HAVE A USED SET OF MAGURA RACELINES WITH RED KOOKA LEVERS AND A RED CURVE STIFFENER. I don't know if red fits your build.

If not, it might suit mine - in which case (should Russ not want them) please send pics and price through to me... Cheers.

Back