Magura mounting kit differences?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I've accumulated a fair wedge of magura brakes in a quest to make the perfect set, or as close as I can get without having to repaint.

I've noticed that the mounting Hardwear that the brakes are mounted within come in different colours. Black.and silver, but one set I have has a ti coloured set. I'm under no illusion it's ti so don't panic, but it made me wonder if there was any differences between the mounting kits I can't make out by looking, or if there are some combinations of brakes and mounts that should simply go together as that's how they were sold?

I'll end up with a nice set of tomacs, which was my goal from the outset, but the spares will need to go so wondering if there are some I should make sure are paired? I've got hs11, 22 and 33s if that makes pairing any easier. Whether they were og or not, a set of hs22 race lines were the set that came with the ti coloured mounts.

As I understand it there are four generations of slave mount:
1 Hydrostop - these have no adjustable mounts, just a tab for the frame
2 Tapered rotatable arms
3 Ratchet type, where the arms are positioned with little teeth to set angles
4 Booster type where the booster has inner and outer plates, with the slaves locking into the inner plate

The slaves themselves appear to be completely interchangeable between the mounts.

Back