Magura hydraulic rim brakes?

Thanks for the replys, I'm not sure mine will take one of those boosters as the mounting bolts are recessed and they have a quick release lever on one side.
Maybe a standard booster is whats needed.

NAILTRAIL96":20onxm8y said:
Thanks for the replys, I'm not sure mine will take one of those boosters as the mounting bolts are recessed and they have a quick release lever on one side.
Maybe a standard booster is whats needed.

Booster will fit QR part, it's not attached to one side and only bolted to the other, I will take some pics tomorrow if it helps, you shouldn't have any dramas,

Jussa

Raging_Bulls":r8vdip9x said:
Travel increases as the pads wear. Some models have an adjusting knob on the lever, but I doubt that the 22 has that.
If you have lots of travel even with new pads, that would be an indication that they weren't set up properly.

HS22s have the adjuster behind the lever. There is a little screw which takes a (2mm IIRC) Allen key.

hamster":flww4c6d said:
Raging_Bulls":flww4c6d said:
Travel increases as the pads wear. Some models have an adjusting knob on the lever, but I doubt that the 22 has that.
If you have lots of travel even with new pads, that would be an indication that they weren't set up properly.

HS22s have the adjuster behind the lever. There is a little screw which takes a (2mm IIRC) Allen key.
Thanks for that, I've had a chance to get a good look at them armed with the knowledge in this thread and it turns out I can fit boosters to the upper bolts and the pads are worn down almost as far as the recessed parts so they're shot.
I've ordered some new pads and I'll keep and eye out for some boosters. It looks like hydralics for the up and comming build :D

I'm a big fan of maguras having run one ages ago on a Proflex 550 as no matter of black magic and witchcraft could get the rocker to work on the rear brake. From there I put a set of HS22's on my Lava Dome back in the day and never turned back.

My only gripe was that I had a habit of crashing, and that would quite frequently see the hoses ripped out - which was massively annoying. Strangely - modern hydraulic discs don't seem to have the same problem so might be more about me then...

I'd definitely go for them if you're into a "fit and forget" brake. Can be a touch fiddly to set up, but once done they are immense. Get a booster if using on a steel frame - even with the booster it would flex my seatstays on the lava dome!

If you've got a bike with an half arty frame then the hosepipe running down the top-tube never looks bonny.

konatime":2icy8kpi said:
If you've got a bike with an half arty frame then the hosepipe running down the top-tube never looks bonny.
the rear brake and mech cables are fully sheathed along the frame so I doubt it'll look any different, but I know what you mean.
Got some new pads yesterday and they have taken all the slack out and now it feels brilliant!.
I'll set them up on the 857 frame when the boosters turn up (hopefully today) and take it for a spin.

I have a john tomac ltd edition magura on my kona, it has a carbon fibre magura brace. Was this a standard item with the magura johnny t or did I buy it as an extra? I really cannot remember!

Latest posts

Back