MAG21 Wiper Seals : Any Sources?

Re:

For actual working the 95+ models though I do like the clean looking caps of the 94 Mag10

For weight then the 94 mag21 be it in SL form or not.

The Alu steerer and the brace for the SL (or a Q21R as they use the magnesium one iirc but only one model of them) brings the weight on either fork down.

Re:

the crown on that era (Mag 30) is my favorite. it's lines are just a little sharper and not rounded like the later versions. what's the story of the Mag 30? they didn't seem to be very readily available or made for very long. we're they the non adjustable fork, similar to what the Mag 10 was?

Re:

Sorry change 30s for 10s above but they where the same target.

MAG30 and MAG20 where the first Mag forks. 1992 model. Different legs, crown and bushing setup without the negative springs etc.

But 30s where a non externally adjustable version, memory serves a long screwdriver and you could turn the flat head screw driver to do the same thing. Of course you had to drop the air and mess up the oil to turn it.

1993MAG 10 had the new internals and negative spring (and newer externals) but same adjusting method.

1994MAG10 adopted the external adjustment of the mag20/21 but just used a recess Allen key.
You can fit 95+ top caps on to these and vice versa to get the adjuster style you like.

Re:

so I looked hard at a seal and realised it had a manufacturer mark and code, MTP 2981. not that I want new ones specifically but might be interesting to see if they still have some.

www.mtpcorp.com

Latest posts

Back