MAG21 Wiper Seals : Any Sources?

Re:

They are standard automotive rotary shaft seals of "24x35x7mm AS"-Type ( sometimes they are called BA SL also). Here in Germany, you can buy them at Reiff, but google gives various sources online.

Re:

They're oil seals at enduro. They don't sell the dust seals.

Oddly never looked to fond replacements as always had enough good spares.
The hardest part would be getting a good 1" inner diameter.
I've always found the 25mm too tight and can't remember if the 26mm leak oil too easily. But it could be the styles I tried. I'm talking oil seals and I doubt the dust need anywhere near the fitting of the oil , there may well be enough grab on 26mm unless you're lucky enough to get imperial sizes or 25.5 near you.

Though chuck them and fit boots like Rockshox did.

Re:

thanks fluffy. yes it the uppermost dust seal I was chasing not the inner oil seals. I have one pair of forks that are factory sans dust seal with boots (my good pair) and a fixer upper pair that did have dust seals, but as you say maybe just flick them and run boots. the original seals seem to have metal inside them, that has rusted and blown small holes in the outside edges of each seal..hence why I was thinking of replacing them. I'll vhase boots instead....got any good leads for finding boots?

Oh, now I get it.
The AS-type seals have a dust wiper included anyway. The later models of the mag's came with no dust seal, to reduce friction. And they had the boots.
And iirc there was even a version sold, that had boots and no wiper installed and a pair of wipers-in-a-bag as an option.

Those shocks look better with boots anyhow imho.

Re:

thanks thias! I owned a pair of 92-93 versions originally, but I didn't know that the layer models started to be sold without the top dust seals. the fork certainly went through a lot of subtle changes in its life. one of the pairs I have has the gold alloy stauncheons, the other is normal silver. I agree they look better with boots, and that's how I'll set both pairs up. I also think the black brace looked best, not the gold ones they used on the later forks

The 1994 models gained the Alu gold stanchions and slightly port internals, also at some point during the 1994 models they moved to a delrin adjuster rod and some other porting modifications. Normally I would say that was straight away with the model, but it wasn't as I have seen a few with metal and different porting. Including mine I personally bought way back when they first came out.
That year the MAG10 was only different in the fact it had metal stanchions and an allen key adjuster at the top. From then on it stayed the same as the MAG10 but replaced the top caps with hand adjustable version.

1993 was the first MAG21 revision.

Back