MacRetro Trading Post

could be interested in the brakes Clubby for the lads bike - will need to check what the mounts are but I suspect they aren't post mount so don't hold them.

The Ken":1gb2ku7j said:
could be interested in the brakes Clubby for the lads bike - will need to check what the mounts are but I suspect they aren't post mount so don't hold them.

Mounts are immaterial wouldnt they be TK :? Most brakes now are post mount and most bikes are still post front and IS rear so its not the mounts but the adaptors.

Or am i missing something :?

Re:

No idea Dyna, tis all newfangled voodoo technology, the mount on his frame has flange with holes as opposed to the holes going into the frame directly.

Re:

Brakes are gone TK.
Mate split up with his wife so we're building him a bike to get him out of the house more.

got a marin muirwoods i never use , 19.5" frame mostly original apart from wheels cranks and rear mech .

atlus a20 shifters & front mech (think i still have the rear too)
stx rear mech
marin canti's
marin seat
deore cranks
mavic rims on acerra/alivio hubs
marin bars & stem
marin foam grips
specialized road tyres

it's not a looker but it run's spot-on and i'm only after 50 smackaroonies :LOL:

Re:

Cheers, but his brother has given him a pace rc325 frame, so we're scavenging parts to upgrade from his old bike.

Re: Re:

clubby":1ukqatdi said:
Cheers, but his brother has given him a pace rc325 frame, so we're scavenging parts to upgrade from his old bike.

i was offering it to everyone :LOL: what bit's are you still needing ?

Re:

Forks, disk wheels and shifter pods. Think we've got the rest between us. Once we strip his old bike there will be retro parts to trade, including Cannondale frame and forks and (I think m900) xtr wheels.

Back