MacRetro Trading Post

clockworkgazz":1wxzvsxy said:
Is that a gt timberline there, my girlfriend had one and it really was well made :LOL:

tis indeed, bought it mid 90s for my sister when she was a student up in aberdeen. it spent years living outside tethered to railings. thought it was knackered but on closer inspection it was clarted with grim, apparently she used to tell her pal it was squeaking and he'd assult it with a can of wd40. it kinda formed a skin. it's in great condition and very original.

90% restored and ready to rock and roll, was for the wife, however she's just been confirmed pregnant and lies about talking about being sick. so more space consumed in the shed ...

clockworkgazz":1414d910 said:
My pace rc36 forks are going if a macretro punter wants first refusal, 210 steerer and 1 and 1/8th, was on the saracen. Looking for 65 notes, very nice condition- i paid £70 ;)

Bugger, still skint from christmas and need to save my pennies for going off to Oz in two weeks or I would have taken them. Or I could get Mr Panda's ones. If they are still around at the start of February I'll have cash.

Still got these Quadra 21s - going cheep cheep - postage only 'cos of the crack in the brace. Anyone? 1.1/8th 160mm. PM me if interesting.

jonnymcenroe":2i0kw4y2 said:
Still got these Quadra 21s - going cheep cheep - postage only 'cos of the crack in the brace. Anyone? 1.1/8th 160mm. PM me if interesting.

Cheers mate, I'm definitely going down the RC36 route though. I can run the bike with rigid forks for the time being though.

Also, anyone interested in the 'goose? It's a 16" IBOC, bonded alu frame and (I think) chromo fork. It's tatty, no getting away from it, paint has seen much better days, also a dent in the non-drive side chainstay, but I got it like that and it's stood up to on and off-road use. If you were to strip the paint, fill the dent and give it a fresh coat you'd have a dead nice lightweight frame. I'd be keeping it if I didn't have too many bikes and it weren't too small for me.

It didn't cost me much so I'll kind of offer it up for karma, except I'm mega skint so I'll invite a "donation" of a nominal fee!

Crappy pic below, it's stripped down now but I'll do some better pics if anyone's interested.

DSC00058.jpg

*EDIT :LOL:

I'm interested....

Would build her into a commute.

Does she come with a head-set and solid BB?

What size post?

When could i check her out and where are ya? PM details if you prefer?

4 bikes is fine, right?!

Original text here, offer still stands for quadras and voucher :

Reckon my Quadra 21s would fit this ^ as they came off a 16" they are also up for free (if in Edinburgh) and just need a new brace. Nice and plush. Somebody!!? :?:

CRC Voucher expires in a fortnight from today, anyone??!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back