MacRetro Trading Post

seems to be a common theme of clearing out going on

was off today and sent most of it in the shed and taking junk to the dump, this is as good as i can get the shed for now......

Shed by gmac123, on Flickr

problem is i plan to add a road bike, soon, would like to add a cross bike, and another mtb wouldn't go a miss......

so, my first mtb (or the remains off) must go, FREE of CHARGE to anyone macretro that promises to make good use

Gt al main by gmac123, on Flickr

like most things, this sounds better than it actually is....

problem 1. there's a piece of original seat post stuck 90cm down the seat tube, thankfully any inserted seat post passes the top tube, so should be safe

Seattube by gmac123, on Flickr

problem 2. as a result of the ceased seat post removal, a botched operation conducted by dales in glasgow, when Mac Snr decided he was going to use thee bike during my wilderness years... they managed to crack the seat tube

Crack by gmac123, on Flickr

it's not as bad as it looks, it is hairlineish, the big bit that looks as if you could stick your nail in is actual just where the paint came off. to the best of my knowledge, the bike has ridden a good 1000 miles size this debacle and the crack has not increased

problem 3. the rear hanger

the rear mech took a few blows and the soft alu' hangers' been reshaped a few times and is now completely out of shape and lost it's threads. last i looked you can get on ebay.

Hanger by gmac123, on Flickr

i was going to run this as a ss but in all honesty, it's too big for me now. i need to ride a smaller bike to keep my back happy, the seat tube c-t is 22" (56cm), top tube c-c 59cm (which make me laugh, as my zaskar is 18")
purchased in early 92 (with a student loan :LOL:) the paint work is marked, chipped etc, but pretty good for a bike that has worn out the original rims and two middle chain rings.

so is there anyone long legged enough to mke something of this old steel????

My pace rc36 forks are going if a macretro punter wants first refusal, 210 steerer and 1 and 1/8th, was on the saracen. Looking for 65 notes, very nice condition- i paid £70 ;)

Back