MacRetro Trading Post

clockworkgazz":20b6jk1s said:
He might not go for that he was talking about £200 so not sure if this is a super bargain, don't need it but..... will sleep on it.

Like I said start at £150 and go up to £175 if he wants more walk away.
But he'll take the £175 ;)

big.eck":3pyikgpg said:
RobMac":3pyikgpg said:
Stand in front of him with the cash in your hands and say its really just a modern Flying Scot copy :roll: and take a big deep breath through your teeth fffffffffff mmmmm!

he says it's been in the family for years rob :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

yeah but the scot line ended in 83 and with the groupset it looks to be after that ;)

You could point out its going to an excellent home[quote old bike forum] Where it will be respected and dare i say it ...Loved. I think some folk who have owned one bike for a while are just happy to see it go to someone who will use it in the same 'philosophy' as themselves.If you can plug that point you may get it cheaper :?
Just a thought

Its his dads bike who is 70 years old, so he does not care really, will call him tomorrow tell him I cannot go any higher than £150 and see how he feels about it.

I suppose the question is what would you pay for a Dave Yates of a similar vintage. It's the same bike really, isn't it?

I would have offered £100. Whilst the grouppo looks in good nic its as ugly as sin, figure on replacing it with summat campag or tricolour ultegra. What size was it gazz?

Back